Well, I am sitting in a hotel bathroom somewhere in the middle of Missouri! The good news is that we are over half way to Texas! If you know your geography well enough you are probably thinking "
Why the heck are you in Missouri if you left NJ to go to Texas??" Here's the story...we left NJ on Thursday and made our way through Pennsylvania and spent the night in eastern Ohio. Then we hit the road bright and early on Friday morning and made it through the rest of Ohio, Indiana, and then to Chicago. We met up with some seminary friends, the Johnson's, who moved away last year. They took us into Chicago and we walked around and went to the Navy Pier. They made us some yummy ribs on Friday night and a great pancake breakfast this morning. It was fun to see Reuben and Kennan playing again! Then today (Sunday) we left after lunch and made our way through the rest of Illinois and into the middle of Missouri. Tomorrow we will hopefully make it to Texas around dinner. The days in the car have been lloonngg...but we are surviving. Kennan has enjoyed many movies and Brayden is easily entertained with an empty water bottle. Kenny has done all but 1 1/2 hours of the driving and I am so thankful for that. I have spent my time trying finding pacifiers and sippy cups that have mysteriously made their way to the floor of the van. In all it has been a great trip and we are looking forward to being in Texas tomorrow!!
Funny story...so about 3 hours into our trip today I called the Linds (Hannah's family) to see how they were doing on their drive. I knew that they had been in southern Illinois and were heading up to Chicago to see the Johnson's. We were heading south to St. Louis and thought that we might be traveling on the same road. As Alisa and I were calling out exit numbers we were passing we discovered that we were minutes apart. So, as we were each cruising down the fast lane we spotted each other across the median and waved frantically back and forth. If we would have planned it better we could have pulled over for a pit stop, but it was probably better that we didn't. We might still be sitting there not wanting to say good bye again!!! I always knew our paths would cross again someday...but not that soon!!
I haven't been able to mess with the pictures we have taken on our trip so here are a few from before we left NJ.

Kennan enjoyed some time in the pool with Evan.

Pretty girl!!!

Evan reading to Kennan and Hannah

Brayden with Tim and Blair

Kennan took their first (and last) bath together our second to last night in town
Hopefully I'll be able to update some more tomorrow night or Tuesday...be on the lookout for LOTS of pictures!
4 comments:
We miss you already! The Lind/Rigoulot corner of CRW looks very empty. It's sad!!!
Y'all are so brave to drive that far with two little ones; I'm glad it's going so well and that you are able to take some breaks and see friends. Can't wait to see y'all!
Y'all are so brave to drive that far with two little ones; I'm glad it's going so well and that you are able to take some breaks and see friends. Can't wait to see y'all!
Let it be stated that I wrote in the bathroom first... :) Of course, it was a different bathroom in a different state. Hope you make it there tonight! Think of us this week -- we'll still be driving!
Post a Comment